2-1-1 is a free call to find community services. Use it to obtain the contact telephone number or location for a helping agency or to describe a need or crisis and let the call specialist identify the appropriate agency for your problem.
2-1-1 is answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by a trained call specialist. The specialist connects callers to health/human services, and crisis/disaster assistance in Love County and elsewhere.
The call specialists speak English but have translators for 170 other languages.
Examples of referrals that are available through the 2-1-1 helpline include:
- government agencies
- non-profit agencies
- utility or housing assistance
- food pantry, food stamps
- hospitals, clinics, care homes
- child or adult day care
- mental health services
- substance abuse treatment services
- pregnancy/parenting support
- suicide intervention
- crisis counseling
- domestic abuse/child abuse
- foster parenting, adoption
- counseling for family planning
- HIV/AIDS, STD's, or TB
- hotlines and help lines
- disaster services
- faith-based services
- self-help support groups
- community and civic organizations